Dear Campus Community,
On Monday, May 13 the contractor for Owen/Carmichael renovation will begin the construction phase. This involves delivery the construction fence, job-site trailer, dumpsters and porta-johns.
Please see the map of construction fencing and how the construction area affects sidewalks, parking and building access. A few notes below:
- The public entrance to Belk Theater will remain open and accessible.
- The sidewalk in front of Carmichael Hall (Reynolds Green side) will remain open.
- The sidewalk behind Carmichael Hall (Mullen & James Humanity Hall side) will be closed until Fall 2020 semester.
- The three (3) stairways leading from Edgewood Rd/University Heights to Parking lot P27 will be closed until Fall 2020 semester.
- The northern half of Parking lot P27 will remain open and available for parking, while the southern half will be part of the construction site, not available for parking until Fall 2020 semester.
- The sidewalk north of Owen Hall, adjacent to University Heights, will remain open.
- The fence will remain in place until the Fall 2020 semester.
Please contact Campus Operations at 251-6564 if you have any questions or concerns.
Associate Vice Chancellor Campus Operations