Facilities Management provides office/furniture moving services for faculty and staff. Please submit a Request for Services form to Campus Operations two weeks prior to moving.
Contact the following university departments prior to your move:
- To prepare computers and hardware for moving, contact ITS Helpdesk 828.251.6445 (email@example.com)
- For telephone moves: Contact Telecommunications
- Faculty and Staff may make corrections to their university address or phone extention by using the Change Office Address link under Employment in OnePort, or by emailing Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also contact HR with any change in personal information (i.e., name change, home address/phone change, etc.).
- If any items have an asset tag number, an Asset Transfer form must be completed prior to your move. A copy of this form with be sent to the Asset Manager in Finance.
- Please request new keys by filling out a Key Request form
To ensure a safe and efficient move, please complete the following:
- Take measurements of your existing furnishings and sketch your new office dimensions to ensure that all items will fit properly,
- Tag all items with the new location building and room number.
- Pack and box contents of file cabinets, bookshelves, desks as well as all personal belongings. (Due to safety concerns, each box should not weigh over 50 pounds.)
- Please indicate the primary contact name and number on the Request for Services form. This contact person should be on hand during the move.
- Please note if there are items that need to be disassembled and reassembled on your Request for Services form.