Facilities Management provides office/furniture moving services for faculty and staff. Please submit a Request for Services form to Campus Operations two weeks prior to moving.
Contact the following university departments prior to your move:
- To prepare computers and hardware for moving, contact ITS Helpdesk 828.251.6445 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For telephone moves: Contact Telecommunications
- Faculty and Staff may make corrections to their university address or phone extention by emailing Human Resources, at email@example.com. You should also contact HR with any change in personal information (i.e., name change, home address/phone change, etc.).
- If any items have an asset tag number, an Asset Transfer form must be completed prior to your move. A copy of this form with be sent to the Asset Manager in Finance.
- Please request new keys by filling out a Key Request form
To ensure a safe and efficient move, please complete the following:
- Take measurements of your existing furnishings and sketch your new office dimensions to ensure that all items will fit properly,
- Tag all items with the new location building and room number.
- Pack and box contents of file cabinets, bookshelves, desks as well as all personal belongings. (Due to safety concerns, each box should not weigh over 50 pounds.)
- Please indicate the primary contact name and number on the Request for Services form. This contact person should be on hand during the move.
- Please note if there are items that need to be disassembled and reassembled on your Request for Services form.